Sarah.

Since  I started this blog and since I have been on radio trying to raise awareness about strokes in the young, I have had some inspiring stories of young people who have suffered a stroke but never let it stop them doing what they wanted in life.

I want to share a story with you all about a young woman called Sarah.  Reading her story, that she kindly shared with me actually brought tears to my eyes because I felt I could relate so much to her and I knew how difficult it must have been.

Sarah is now 25 and had a stroke at just 2 years of age and like myself there was no explanation as to why it happened to her so young. People find it hard to believe she had a stoke and has a brain injury because she seems so 'normal' and looks so 'great'. But looks can be deceiving and at 25 years of age she does have cognitive difficulties like needing time to pick up on things, having memory problems and the fact that she can not subtract in her head but the inspiring thing is that even though she can't subtract in her head she managed to get a under grad in business studies and is studying to be a business and economics teacher and is doing a masters to become a secondary school teacher.

I think she is amazing, the hard work she had to do to get to where she is now is inspiring. The fact that she had a stroke and the difficulties it left her with, she never let it hold her back. She has learnt how to do things her own way in order to get to where she is. I just thought her story was inspiring and that I have learnt that it is not impossible for me to get to where I want to in life. I felt you needed to hear her story because she's the reason I feel hopeful even though I  was dealt with this horrible, dramatic, life changing experience.

She is so positive and full of determination. Some days just getting out of bed  and walking around the house is a goal for me, people class that as a small goal but to me when I know I'll have difficult doing that it means so much that I can do it. No matter how big or small your goals are, if you work at it and are determined you can do it.💜💜


Comments

Popular Posts