Awareness Week.

This time last week for Brain Injury awareness week (from the 5th-11th March) one of the staff members at Headway asked me and another Headway client if we wouldn't mind going to LIT college to talk in front of 4th year social care students, I said I would because I'm all for raising awareness and trying to help people understand Brain Injuries/Strokes but I didn't realise how nervous I would be. Of course I knew I'd have a bit of nerves as everyone does and that's normal, but as soon as I walked into that lecture room and saw all those young adults... it just hit me, my mouth kept going dry, I couldn't remember half of the things I wanted to say and share with them all. I took it all in my stride though, I said "ah lads I'm so nervous, this is my first time talking in front of people" and everyone just laughed with me so that calmed my nerves a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚.  (I still didn't remember half of what i wanted to say though๐Ÿ˜).

I guess I just froze, mostly because I guess I find it harder talking to people my own age about the topic of Brain Injuries & Strokes because I guess it's something young people don't really talk about and its something we don't know much about. I find it easier talking to people 20 to 30 years older than me, maybe that's just a psychological thing...I dunno, it could just be me๐Ÿ˜‚  I literally felt like everyone was judging me (even though I knew they weren't).  But everyone feels that way when they do talks or presentations in front of a group of people. It was my first time giving a talk in front of a group of people and I'm pretty sure it wont be my last especially if I end up going to college at some stage in my life. It was a nerve racking but great experience.๐Ÿ’œ


Here's the photo took at LIT after the talk on Brain Injuries with Headway staff member (left), me (middle) & inspiring client from Headway (right).

I also got photos taken today for the Irish Examiner๐Ÿ˜‚ I’ll be in it either this Friday or next Friday. I had to pose on the couch, looking out the window, on the stairs, he even took some outside was just so funny, I felt pure awakened though because I hate getting my photo taken๐Ÿ˜‚. It was another great experience to add to the list though.๐Ÿ’œ

My mother & I are going to Galway tomorrow until Thursday,  she booked us a spa day, so I’ll try put pictures up of that, if I take any๐Ÿ˜‚, it’s my first time going to the spa so I don’t really know what to expect, I’ll try to post again on Friday. Hope you all have a good week. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Comments

Popular Posts