Survivor Story.

Stroke champion survivor

Imagine getting awarded the  Stroke champion award!! Wasn't easy getting there but won the battle. In my words here’s a part of my story ...

In darkness of day and night, only kidding ..  lets be upbeat !!
My life has taken different paths for me which my surprise I Was to turn over overnight. I had first stroke. Comatose I woke up 5 days later in November 2010, like a baby I have to learn to speak, aphasia, arm & walk.  Spent 2 months in Beaumont hospital & 3 months in January in NRH. From a bed, then day chair, on to wheelchair, then on to walking stick & walking unaided. My short term Memory gone  Work very hard to get me to Mini Marathon in June  in 2013 seriously nothing like passing the finishing line eventually when I arrive near enough dark ..lol.

In That September 3 month later I suffered a bout of 4 Stroke over course of a weekend!!
Spent 3 glorious months back to my auld haunt Beaumont. They wants me to go NRH, said to heads I know myself. After 8 weeks in awake in intensive care waiting on first serious bypass to the beautiful brain in September. Hold the fort the surgeon operated called my disease "MOYA MOYA" in a vascular way, rigdgement from Japan meaning puff of smoke, its progressive disease a vascular way. Holy Moly, never heard of it. Its very rare so heads of neourgaly team. seemingly in State's less then 1 percent out 100,000, imagine the rest of the world.. "Couldn’t the lotto", as I said before life choose a different path for me. .
On to second Mini Marathon a year later 2014 determination to beat my time, i did it beat my record by 20 minutes, GO ME! There capability for ya! YAHOO, never say I can't.

Busy fundraising & camping for the Irish Heart Stroke Fundraiser. In the national awards in Dublin I was awarded the "Stroke Champion Awards" in 2015, servals good things to follow like meeting then President of Ireland etc . Then a surprise I was chosen by the people of Athboy , " Athboy Community Person of the Year 2016", which I loved, I even got an official chains... nothing will keep me down until I mention it to head of neurosurgical, that I again servals a different type   seizures which were worse as each day go days, I went omitted back in this again epilepsy unit  And wait SECOND "Brain opt" in 2018 within 6 weeks stint.
Anyway my moral of story is I have a incurable disease Called "MOYA MOYA" with 2 cranial bypass & meds are keeping at bay. I'm borrowed time. I have my bad days awell with Neuro-fatigue also.
My mottos are depends the my mood: "Every days is a second chance", "Don't give into the fight or fight will get you" & "Shit happens".
Despite my all setback, I choose to fight this dreaded CURSED of the disease.
Wouldn't be half through it with good support from husband!
My story is not story only a beginning.
I'm survivor,
I'm Jillian Ennis-O Boyle Stroke survivor.

How Amazing is she! She deserves everything she's achieved, she never gives up and her determination is unstoppable. So thrilled to be able to share your story, thank you. You are truly an inspiration.

Comments

caz said…
I just read it and she is amazing she never let anything get in her way 💕💕 keep strong there is light at the end of the tunnel you have to believe in yourselfand never look back 💕

Popular Posts