Inspired

This morning I woke up and I saw this picture of my dogs when they were puppies and I thought how they bring me so much joy and distraction during the difficult stage of my life, that I feel the need to write this post about them and how amazing and understanding my family we're when they dealt with their worst nightmare and how they inspired me everyday and still do to keep motivated and without them I wouldn't have recovered as best as I have at this stage 2 years down the line.

I know it's hard for both my brother and my parents, it would be hard for anybody's family to be told your 17 year old child had a stroke but not knowing why or how and wondering 'was it me?' 'was it something I did?', 'was it something I didn't do?' every parent with a child who has no known cause for their illness would think this. But stop don't think, it is no ones fault, it is just one of those things that happens and God would not have given it to you or your family if they thought you could not handle it. Trust me. I've said that to my parents on numerous occasions and still do.

I could not have asked nor wished for better parents than I had gotten. When I got the stroke on February 10th 2016 by March the 20th I had contracted the swine flu and broken my left ankle in two places, never had I gotten the flu or broken a bone before and I had to go and do it all at once, My mother always called me special and never did anything in halves😂. Their wicked sense of humour is one of the things that helped get me through it.  My parents just couldn't believe it and I had felt like my life had hit rock bottom cause I couldn't do anything for myself or by myself for months. The physiotherapist  couldn't do anything with me for 3 and a half months due to the cast on my ankle and the boot I had to wear, so she advised getting a dog.

My parents thought it was the worst idea due to the fact of everything that had happened but... they got me a dog and not just one but two gorgeous puppies who I called Max and Molly (MooMoo for short), I literally couldn't believe it when they brought the two of them home, I cried with joy, they just made everything seems a little less shitty. I never had time to sit and feel sorry for myself cause I was always distracted by them and was always entertained by them.

Here's some photos of Max and Molly. I couldn't write a post about them and not share my favourite photos with you.

 Molly and Max a few days after we brought them home.

Molly and Max just after their first birthday.

 He always looks like he's contemplating life😁.

 The very first picture I have with Molly, she fell asleep on my lap, I was in love.

This was Christmas day 2017, My mother and father brought the Spanish bandannas back from Spain for them. (cause its hard to get any doggy clothing to fit staffies)

Comments

Popular Posts