Irish Examiner

On Friday the 20th of April I got a call from my mother at 10 past 8 in the morning (She was at work) to tell me that I was in the Irish Examiner, I shot out of bed and checked the Irish Examiner website. I did this interview back in March and I didn't know what date it would be in as I forgot to ask the lovely women who interviewed me for it, so my mother, my key worker from Headway and myself were looking in the paper nearly every Friday for about a month until finally it was in. 

I was so nervous waiting for this article as it was the first time I had professional photos taken for a newspaper, the photographer was lovely and chatty, he took so many photos though so I was freaking out wondering which photo they would use for the article. 

The funny thing about the photo they chose for the newspaper is it was taken on the copper and wooden stairs my dad made years ago. Jokingly my father said to the photographer "now that you've taken a photo of my stairs you have to make sure that one gets in the paper'. I just laughed and smiled to myself when I saw that photo of me in the Irish Examiner on the stairs. 

I was at Headway Friday morning and my dad had work so I didn't see him until I got home. When I walked in the door I said "Dad did you see what photo was in the paper?" he replied "Yes" so we were talking about the article and how crazy it is that I'm in a national paper when my dad goes "now I know that article was about you but did anyone mention the stairs"  I burst out laughing because everyone at Headway was admiring and asking me about the stairs once they saw the photo. 

It's still all surreal to me and I can't believe I had an article in the Irish examiner. I am actually mortified over the photo, omg I was even more mortified in Headway on Friday when one of the staff members asked me to sign my name on the photo in the paper, I thought she was joking and I said "ahh would you go away" but she didn't want me to leave without signing it, I was mortified as there were a few staff members around. I hate being the centre of attention and people making a fuss over me I just go as red as a tomato.

Anyway here's the link to the Irish Examiner website article for anyone that would like to take a read. 

Also for anyone that's attending the Irish Heart Foundation 6th Annual Stroke Survivors' Day in Croke Park in Dublin on Tuesday the 24th of April. I shall see you there, it's my first time attending one so I am extremely nervous but excited to meet all of the inspiring Stroke Survivors. 💜💓💜💓

And here's what it looked like in the Irish Examiner Newspaper.









Comments

Popular Posts