Gym day, Wednesday.


I went to the Gym on Wednesday, I go with a woman from Acquired Brain Injury Ireland as I have a fear of going by myself in case I lose my balance or my left leg goes on me. 

I pushed myself too hard this Wednesday and I have learnt not to start on the treadmill as it's continuous walking which is  something my left leg has difficulty doing. I have also learnt that once my leg gets heavy not to push it as I did Wednesday because now I can hardly walk on my left leg, it is in sever pain which means I have to rest more and recovery will take a bit longer. I always learn the hard way as my parents say. 

I felt great, I felt fine, I felt I could do it.  But I guess this is a learning process, that every new thing I try now that I could do before the stroke I might not be able to do now, I figure out what I can and can't do or I figure out what makes me tired quicker and I try to reduce the amount of time I do that thing for or I try and figure new ways to do it. 

I'm feeling annoyed because I have to do things slowly and sometimes I can't do the things I want to. But I am also lucky that I can do the things I can two's years down the line.
I'll just have to keep reminding myself to pace myself, that those who are slow and steady win the race. Recovery is something I can't rush. It takes time and  that's what annoys me. 
💜💜💜

Comments

Popular Posts